Welcome to Science and Technology in Society Wiki
The wiki about Science and Technology in Society that anyone can edit
65 articles since September 2008
The emerging fields of Science and Technology Policy (STP) and Science and Technology Studies (STS) have become prominent disciplines in recent years. The increasing prevalence of technology issues - in governmental policies and the public eye - demands a workforce equipped with the tools and training necessary to negotiate these complex relationships. Though often from different perspectives, STS and STP deal with many of the same issues. Traditionally, however, there has been little communication between the two.
In 2001, the Science and Technology Global Consortium was formed to hold a graduate student conference called Science and Technology in Society to bridge that divide and provide a forum for networking, bringing together graduate students from historically fragmented communities to learn from one another. This wiki seeks to build upon the proceedings of this conference and create repository of knowledge that will serve this community.
What's new on Science and Technology in Society Wiki
- Science and Technology in Society Wiki is started!
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
- Not sure where to start?
- Find out more about the wiki on the About page.
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial.
- Check out Help:Starting this wiki if you're setting up the wiki.
- Adding content
- Every wiki has two list of articles that need help called "Stubs" and "Wanted Articles". Don't be shy, get in there.
- Uploading images is another really easy way to help out - see the Special:Upload page!
- You can find a list of useful templates on Category:Templates, some of which are documented on the templates project page.
- Talk and more...
- Check out the community portal to see what the community is working on, to give feedback or just to say hi.