Guidelines for papers and presentations:
This page contains information about due dates for PowerPoint presentations, paper submission, and registration, standard formatting guidelines for all paper submissions.
Presentations should be approximately 15 minutes long. Presenters may wish to use PowerPoint; if you choose to use PowerPoint, we need your presentation by the below date in order to prepare an orderly and smooth conference. Your written papers are distributed to session moderators prior to your talk so they have a chance to get to know your work and make comments. In order to facilitate communication between the fields, please keep discipline-specific jargon at a minimum in your paper and talk. Or at the very least, do not assume that everyone will understand the jargon you are using. In other words, take the time to explain discipline-specific jargon within your written work and your talk. When submitting your paper, please follow the format guidelines below.
- Papers: March 15, 2008 in PDF format
- PowerPoint Presentations: March 23, 2008
- Registration: March 23, 2008 (Please fill out this form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org to register.)
Submission Guidelines for Papers:
- Words: Paper submissions should be no longer than 5,000 words.
- Font: Times Roman (12 pt)
- Margins: 1 inch (top, bottom, left, right)
- Citations: Chicago Manual Style (You can use either parenthetical or footnotes).
- File Format: PDF
- Identifiers: Name, Institution, Institutional Address
Please consult the 2007 conference archive or email the committee with questions/concerns: email@example.com.
Helpful links: DC Metro Map